As businesses try to compete with each other, they also decide on a particular strategy that they can use for their campaigns on digital marketing. One cost-effective option they can resort to is through getting professional SEO services. Is it really worthy to invest time and money for this?
To help businesses decide whether they should focus on SEO as their primary internet marketing channel, here are some of the pros and cons that they have to consider:
- SEO constantly delivers a free flow of targeted traffic. Wondering how many Google searches are made every year, month or day? Estimations that came from sources say that there are about 2.2 trillion Google searches made for the entire year last 2013. Approximately, that’s equivalent to 5,922,000,000 Google searches per day. It can help businesses tap into Google searches’ massive source of free targeted traffic that’s continuously flowing.
- It provides exposure to the business of individuals who look for a particular solution. One main reason why people use search engines like Google is to look for immediate solutions to the current problem, concern or issue. In browsing the results, users will have to click various links that they can relatively find. Surprisingly, about 40% of users will go for results displayed on top of the list while 80% will go for results that are considered organic. SEO services work by exposing a particular website to these search results if they are relevant.
- Generated traffic can have bigger chances of being converted into leads. According to a report submitted by the Journal of Search Engine, SEO generated leads have a high closing rate of 14.6% while leads generated from print advertising and email marketing only have a closing rate of 1.7%. These percentages only show that being ranked on search engines’ results pages is important in gaining significant amount of target conversion with just a few clicks.
- It can help the business grow. The virtual world of Internet is really big that’s why establishing a decent online presence is essential for businesses who want to boost their online visibility to targeted consumers by about 59%.
- It sets up business authority in a certain niche.
A great website content and sold online presence deliver high ranking positions based on keywords in the results pages of search engines. Getting a good ranking also means developing audience trust, which can result to lead conversion.
- Getting professional SEO services requires longer waiting time for the results to be seen. It may not be a good idea to go for search engine optimization services if the campaign’s aim is to have immediate results. This is because the SEO process involves content indexing, which usually takes about several weeks at max.
- Getting investment returns will take a while as well. If significant results are taking time to be generated, so does the ROI (Return of Investment). Small businesses that rely on short-term revenues cannot benefit from this because they use these revenues as revolving funds in order to sustain the continuing operations.
- A more competitive niche requires bigger investment amounts. SEO is not totally free at all unless businesses are doing everything for their SEO campaigns like producing content and attracting backlinks. Generating substantial results requires external help solicitations in creating organic links and any other SEO-related marketing activities.
- Search engine optimization services could not guarantee a first page ranking result. Being on the 1st page of search results is one important goal that should materialize but SEO admits that there’s no absolute guarantee that it will happen immediately.
- SEO doesn’t make business in full control. Search rankings may provide opposite results from the expected. Only Google is capable of generating full control unless it’s a paid marketing, which provides results depending on the amount of paid money.
- SEO services have the risk of being penalized. This is true especially if the contents are against the set of guidelines.